Monday 15 July 2013

Okay, so it’s very odd to have your friends tell you they “Googled” you...

…And found you. I have tried very hard to shut out main-stream technology. I am 29 and very new to Facebook, which may shock some of you, (By the way, I don’t have twitter, either! WHAT?!) I liked being anonymous. I went to a huge high school and I enjoyed not being bombarded with engagement announcements, wedding invites (by the way, who invites people to a wedding on-line?!), birthday parties, (are we twelve?!) and people who come out of the woodwork out of nowhere. Then I wrote an article for The Montreal Gazette, and apparently you need the internet to get your voice heard. (I can hear a million Duh’s in chorus; I get it!) So here I am, with a Facebook account (I hope I don’t live to regret this) and suddenly a voice on-line. While it’s a little overwhelming, I've never been one to shy away from anything, and I do have an opinionated mind and a big mouth…I may as well use those attributes. I am after all, a self-proclaimed chatterbox who never cared what other people thought about me. And trust, most of what you find out there, isn't actually my information; Wettlaufer is a far more common name that you'd think.
To those of you who have contacted me and asked for my personal contact information so you can speak to me personally; thank you but the best way to reach me would be on this blog. For obvious reasons, I cannot give out my phone number and private email, although I'm sure you mean well. 
Which brings me to my next topic; different aspects of this blog. when I started this blog, I wanted to write a little about everything; human rights, animal rights, how-to-renovations, and even recipes.  I promise I will find a way to create different sections to this blog so you can read what you came here to find.
Well, that's it for me for today, my friends. Have a great afternoon and break out the popsicles already! Try and stay cool out there!

Peace & Love,
Cricket

No comments:

Post a Comment